This post is also available in: Русский
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) – completely removes graphics card drivers from the system, including their registry entries, files and folders, as well as registration keys. DDU removes graphics card drivers from AMD, NVIDIA, Intel. There are many advanced features and useful settings in the arsenal of utilities: various uninstallation options: “with reboot”, “without reboot”, “with shutdown of PC” (for installation of a new video card); creating a system restore point before deleting; deleting / saving the root folder with drivers; deleting / saving existing monitors; creation and saving of log files in the program folder; correct removal or retention of additional software installed with the drivers.
System requirements: OS from Windows XP to Windows 10 (16299.xx), NetFramework 3.0+
v126.96.36.199: Windows Vista SP2 to Windows 10 October 2018 update 1809 (17763.xx), Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5+
Recommendations for use
– Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) should be used when a driver removal / installation problem occurs or when switching (changing) a GPU brand; – DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing; – DDU will not work on the network drive. Please install to local disk (C :, D: or other); – The tool can be used in “Normal” mode, but for absolute stability when using DDU “Safemode” mode is always better; – If you use DDU in Normal mode, then repeat the procedure: clean, reboot, clean again, reboot; – Disconnect the Internet, as sometimes after removing video drivers, Windows Update may reinstall the driver without prompting; – Make a backup or restore point of the system (but usually the utility works fairly safely); – It is best to completely exclude the DDU folder from any security software (or add anti-virus exceptions, disabling all bans) to avoid problems.
Video instruction for using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU):
List of changes
- Added support for removing USB type “C” Nvidia RTX cards;
- Removing NVIDIA NGX (SDK based on deep learning algorithms);
- Additional removal of residual AMD drivers;
- Fixed problem with removing SharedDlls;
- Changed the logic for deleting devices;
- Bug fixes and additions to remove Realtek drivers;
- Localization update Turkish.xml;
- If FriendlyName is available for the device to be deleted, then this name is used in the log-file; if not, then the device descriptor (description) is used;
- Fixed a small problem with the removal of USB type “C”.
- New requirement starting with this version: “.NET Framework 4.5 now required”. Cause: Recently, Windows 10 uses DCH drivers and these drivers come from their control panel in the Microsoft store App. To remove them, you need some libraries that are available only in .NET 4.5. This, now, makes us update too. The downside is the end of support for Windows XP;
- Now supported the removal of DCH drivers Nvidia, Intel, Realtek;
- Additional cleaning of the Realtek audio driver;
- Removing a new subkey found in HKLM / Software / nvidia corporation / installer2 / (Drivers);
- Removed “CharSet: = CharSet.Unicode” and “MarshalAs (UnmanagedType.LPWStr)” from “Function CM_Get_Device_ID”, which gave unexpected results when receiving DeviceID using .NET 4.5;
- (DCH) Remove a device class extension and its components.
- Fixed a bug that affected the removal of the CUDA SDK after using DDU. Thanks (“Forceflow”);
- Clearing “NvDLISR” from the Geforce Experience 188.8.131.52 package remaining after uninstallation.
- Removed paexec.exe module (network administration);
- Corrections and improvements to remove Vulkan API libraries. (Thanks Sora);
- Added support for removing Vulkan components in an Intel implementation;
- Updating localization files.
- Additional cleaning NVIDIA;
- Update localization files;
- System requirements up to Windows 10 October 2018 update 1809 (17763.xx).
- Additional cleaning NVIDIA;
- Fixed cleaning of system environment paths;
- Updating localization files Slovenian.xml & Turkish.xml;
- The selected combo box is translated again;
- Added many missing “Nothing” checks when using the registry.
- Added support for removing Realtek audio drivers. (WIP);
- Added very limited removal of SoundBlaster sound driver (no files or registry yet);
- Added command line arguments: -cleanrealtek -cleansoundblaster;
- Fixed a possible error at startup when a symbol of type ## is in the folder name;
- Many possible null exceptions that can be encountered under certain specific conditions for clearing code have been fixed.
- Fixed deletion of entries in the SharedDlls key of the Windows registry;
- The argument “silent” for waiting for a restart of the computer is fixed;
- Updating localization files Japanese.xml & Swedish.xml;
- Minor improvements to menu options.
- Re-added the ability to disable driver search when updating Windows as an option;
- Added version number to the “About” window;
- Small bugs fixed.
- In-line deletion of some files and cleaning the registry to increase speed;
- Additional Intel cleanup;
- Additional purification of Nvidia;
- DDU no longer uses (independent of) c: windows system32 sc. Exe;
- Windows Update is set back to the default value, so when using DDU you must turn off the Internet;
- Better path detection
- The log is now generated even if the DDU does not start correctly and contains more detailed information;
- Bugs fixed;
- Readme file and problem and solution files updated.
- Support for Windows 10 1803.
- Added support for upperfilter (exact selection) in SetupAPI for the correct removal of a device / service.
- Numerous code fixes / improvements / Extra Cleanup.
- CZ translation update.
- Update Turkish translation.
- New Thai. Updated THAI.xml;
- System requirements up to Windows 10 Fall Creator update 1803 (17134.xx).
Recommended Related Articles:
- NoDevFee (NoFee) How to disable commission in the miner
- PolarisBiosEditor 1.7.2 (BIOS editor) DOWNLOAD
- SRBPolaris V3.5 (BIOS editor for AMD RX4XX, RX5XX)
- ATIFlash / ATI WinFlash 2.8.4 (DOWNLOAD)
- OverdriveNTool 0.2.8 (GPU overclocking)
- Download OhGodAnETHlargementPill (Ethlargement Pill) – GTX 1080 / TI / Titan Xp