A modification of Just_a_miner called More Epochs mod for Claymore ETH Miner v15 provides the miner with support for DAG 385 and later eras so you can continue to use it. The only difference is that the 1% development fee will no longer go to Claymore (it can’t because its miner no longer works), but to Just_a_miner, which has resurrected the Claymore miner from the dead and will hopefully keep it running for a long time.
His modification brings support for DAG epochs up to 500, fixes bugs of the original miner such as restoring access to nvml.dll in Windows 10, adds support for the new Nvidia 460.89+ drivers. So this is not just a modification to include support for newer DAG epochs, but also other issues of the original miner.
- lowest development fee in the industry 0.6% ! (this means that every 95 minutes a miner will mine devfee for 35 seconds).
- The »-strap» command line option now works for AMD Polaris GPUs with video drivers 20.5.1+ so you can now get speed boost over Phoenixminer! (watch the video from the section » Mod in action » below)
- support for DAG epochs up to 600 , so you can continue to use the legendary Claymore ETH miner!
- fixed bugs of the original miner: it could not access nvml.dll in Windows 10, so temperature monitoring, fan control and power consumption statistics were unavailable.
- added support for new Nvidia 460.89+ drivers, the miner properly initializes NVML with these drivers, so temperature monitoring, fan control and power consumption statistics are available.
- now the miner shows AMD GPU power consumption statistics on newer AMD drivers (tested since 20.12.1)
- now the miner shows AMD driver version at startup and warns if the driver version is not supported (i.e. below 20.5.1).
- now the miner saves core and memory frequencies/voltages of AMD Polaris GPUs on startup (before applying custom ones with -cclock,-mclock,-cvddc,-mvdcc) and restores them on exit.
- the miner can now apply -cclock values to Navi GPUs on new video drivers.
- now the miner saves AMD Navi GPU core clock frequencies/voltages and memory clock frequencies on startup (before applying custom ones with -cclock,-mclock,-cvddc) and restores them on exit.
Install More Epochs Mod
Download More Epochs Mod:
How to use:
Unpack the archive and run the miner as usual. If the mod completes successfully, you will see a green message under the Claymore logo:
and now the miner can handle DAG epochs up to 600.
List of changes
~ Increased the maximum number of supported DAG epochs to 600.
~ Added an unsigned version of the strap driver that can work with Windows UpdateKB5004237. The unsigned driver requires Windows Test Mode.
To enable Windows Test Mode, make sure “Secure Boot” is disabled in the UEFI BIOS, then run “Enable_Windows_TestMode.cmd
from the “strap_driver” folder in the miner archive as administrator and reload the installation.
To install an unsigned strap driver, run “install_Unsigned_strap_driver.cmd” (don’t run as administrator, after running it will ask for elevation).
You can also install the unsigned strap driver manually by running the miner as administrator with the “Option -driver install_test” option.
~ Devfee reduced to industry’s lowest 0.6% ! (this means that every 95 minutes the miner will mine the devfee for 35 seconds).
~ Now the miner only applies straps once after the first DAG generation per run and doesn’t re-apply straps again if the epoch changes during mining to improve stability.
Read more articles about cryptocurrencies and mining at COOL-MINING.ORG.
Do you like to read similar articles about cryptocurrencies and mining, do you want to support me as an author or ask questions? Be the first to know the news, subscribe to my telegram channel