The latest NBMiner 29.0 update comes with added support for the KAWPOW algorithm, which will soon be used by RavenCoin (RVN). The KAWPAW algorithm is based on ProgPoW with some parameters specific to Ravencoin, so the usual ProgPow miner will not do this. So now, in addition to the official kawpowminer and the recently released Gminer with KAWPOW support, you also have a third alternative in the form of the last NBMiner, and others are likely to follow it.
However, it seems that all miners can be based on the same ProgPow reference code base, and currently the difference in performance seems to be small, so it looks more like what you are used to. Below you can see the official list of expected performance on popular mining GPUs with default settings for the KAWPOW algorithm when using NBMiner:
NBMiner 29.0 KAWPOW Expected Performance:
– Nvidia P106-100: 10.3 MH/S
– Nvidia P104-8G: 17.5 MH/S
– Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti: 13.3 MH/s
– Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti: 22.5 MH/s
– Nvidia GTX 2080: 25.8 MH/s
– AMD Radeon RX 580: 10.3 MH/s
As a reminder, NBMiner is a closed-source GPU miner for Nvidia CUDA, and now AMD, which is available for both Windows and Linux operating systems.
DEV-FEE – NBMiner has the following built-in board for developers:
- tensority_ethash 3%,
- tensority (Pascal) 2%,
- tensority (Turing) 3%,
- ethash 0.65%,
- cuckaroo & cuckatoo & cuckaroo_swap 2%,
- progpow_sero 2%,
- sipc 2%,
- bfc 3%,
- hns 2%,
- hns_ethash 3%,
- kawpow 2%.
For the quickest start, it will be enough:
- Download archive with the program
- Unzip to any convenient place
- Change wallet to your own in a file with the extension .bat
The archive with the program contains ready-made examples for Grin, Ethereum + Bytom, a configuration file, as well as instructions in Russian.
open_web_monitor — html file for monitoring the program through the Web interface.
Quick Launch Examples
- Edit file «grin-f2pool.bat»
- Change the username from the pool.
The program starts by double-clicking on the file with the extension .bat
Let’s now look at the setting in more detail.
- nbminer – The name of the program to run.
- -a cuckarood – indicate the algorithm of the mined coin.
- —o stratum+tcp://grin29.f2pool.com – after the construction -o stratum + tcp: // specify the address of the pool.
- :13654 – put a colon and indicate the port of the pool
- -u rgz – after the -u switch, specify the wallet address or login on the pool. The wallet can be opened at any convenient and safe exchange, or put an official wallet from a coin.
- .default – put a point and indicate the name of the farm (any)
- : x – put a colon and specify a password (usually not required, so x)
- -long-format – display the program log
- -log – create a log file named log_.txt.
- -di 24 у- indicate the intensity of the program (for dual mining)
A ready-made example of what we ended up with for the Grin coin using the cuckaroo29d algorithm
nbminer -a cuckarood -o stratum+tcp://grin29.f2pool.com:13654 -u rgz.default:x -long-format -log -di 24
Example for Ethereum + Bytom dual mining:
nbminer -a tensority_ethash -o stratum+tcp://btm.f2pool.com:9221 -u 0x0034335cc77e2e2b84c53683ef96c25e1486d5f3.dmdefault -do ethproxy+tcp://eth.f2pool.com:8008 -du 0x360d6f9efea21c82d341504366fd1c2eeea8fa9d.dmdefault -log -di 16
How to start NBMiner
You can run the program by double-clicking on the file with the desired coin and with the extension .bat
- ALGO: cuckarood – the program reports the algorithm we have selected
- URL: stratum+tcp://grin29.f2pool.com:13654 – USER: rgz.default:x – login, worker and password
- ID 0: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11264 MВ, CC 61 – device to be used and its temperature.
- Logging in to grin29.f2pool.com:13654 – attempt to establish a connection to the pool
- Login succeeded – connection successful
- New iob from grin29.f2pool.com, ID: 71057520, DIFF: l.00 – pool sent a new job for video cards
- #1 Share accepted, 3614 ms. [DEVICE 0] – the first ball is accepted (share of work). You need to understand that the miner receives a reward for the sent balls.
- 0: 4.15 h/s – hash rate
Also, information on the cryptocurrency mining process can be viewed through the web interface. To do this, double-click the open_web_monitor file
- farm status – online
- total program run time
- user, worker and password
- pool address and port
- statistics on video cards (hashrate, temperature, power consumption, fan speed, overclocking, core congestion, overclocking memory, congestion memory)
- pool statistics (difficulty, ping, accepted and not accepted balls